- Freezing rain, wet snow and strong winds, gusting to more than 50 mph, moved through the region leaving downed trees and tree limbs, and causing severe and widespread damage to utility poles and electric equipment and exceeding expectations.
- So far, more than 570,000 customers have been impacted by the storm. Crews have safely restored service to more than 271,000 customers.
- PECO crews, along with local contractors, are safely working to assess damage and restore service as quickly as possible.
- Additional crews, including personnel from our sister utility ComEd in Illinois, are travelling to PECO’s service territory to support our ongoing restoration efforts.
- PECO will continue to have enhanced staffing in place through the remainder of the storm and crews will work around the clock to restore service to all customers.
- Given the extent of the damage and continued high winds, this will be a multi-day restoration effort.
- We know our customers are inconvenienced anytime they are without service and we appreciate their patience and understanding as we make repairs.
- Due to the extensive impact of this storm event, estimated service restoration times are currently unavailable and but will be updated as crews assess damage.
- We want to provide our customers with the most accurate information possible so they can make informed decisions regarding alternate or necessary arrangements.
- When available, customers will be able to access their estimated restoration time through our mobile app, automated phone system or online through our website and outage map.
What Does PECO Want Customers to Know and Do
- PECO urges customers to be safe during severe weather by staying away from downed power lines and potentially damaged electric equipment.
- Customers should always assume that PECO equipment is energized.
- Log on to www.peco.com to set-up an account which will allow you to access to the PECO OUTAGE CENTER where you can check the status of your power outage and estimated time for restoration of service; Once you create an account, you can choose how you wish to be receive updates/notifications
- Customers experiencing any issues with their electric or natural gas service should contact PECO at 1-800-841-4141.
- Customers also can easily report issues with electric service at peco.com using their phone, tablet or computer or through PECO’s new mobile app.
- PECO’s free mobile app allows customers to easily access their account information on the go. Customers can report an outage, stay up-to-date on the restoration status, pay their bill, check their usage and more. The PECO free mobile app is available through the App Store or Google Play.
- Through our customer preference center, PECO customers can choose to receive a message via text, email or phone, when power is out in their area, when power is restored, or when the estimated restoration time for their outage changes. Customers should visit peco.com/alerts to sign up.
- Customers can find additional information at peco.com/outages. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/pecoconnect and on Twitter at twitter.com/pecoconnect.
- New information from PECO will be provided as received.
Information as of 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, 2018.